none
Add Project to Timeline in PWA > Project Center views RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to open up access to users of the PWA > "Project Center" and "Project Detail" views in order to enable "Add to Timeline".  I understand that this is enabled by the "Manage Project Web App Views" permission. 

By default, it is the default Administrator and Portfolio Manager user security groups that have permission do to this.  What does "Manage Project Web App Views" enable beyond "adding to Timeline"? 

I asking this because I am wondering if I should open it up to other user groups and what the risk is if any there is given that "Manage Project Web App Views" given that it is listed under the "Admin" Global Permissions section, etc.

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Saturday, October 20, 2018 8:14 PM

Answers

• Spiro --

The Manage Project Web App Views permission will allow your PMs to edit EVERY view in PWA, so I would definitely advise against giving them this permission.  Instead, if you want your PMs to create a Timeline view for each of their enterprise projects, why don't you teach them how to do this in Microsoft Project Professional instead?  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, October 21, 2018 3:59 PM