none
Email task updates question RRS feed

• Question

• It seems that when a task is updated, an email is sent out to all of it's assigned resources.  But I have noticed that if a task it changed that has predecessors (and those may also have predecessors and so on..) that all of the associated tasks will be included in the email, even those those predecessor tasks did not change.  is there a way to limit this to just the actual changed task?

if not, what is the reasoning behind this?  In my mind it should be the successors that should be included since they would be the most affected by a changed start/end date or duration.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:06 PM

All replies

• efrizzell,

This the default way how Project Server has worked, and there is no way to customize the email notification without getting your hands into customization.

I think, all related tasks to the resource on the task being published, are included in the email.

In case you are interetsed in the customization, here is the process: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968451(v=office.12).aspx

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:44 PM
  • ahh, that was what I was afraid of.  I thought it might have something to do with workflows, but when i looked into those options there did not look like there was much there, at least not options for the customization i wanted.

Project web app > settings >pwa settings > workflow phases/stages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:57 PM