none
Team tab in MS Project 2010 went missing RRS feed

• Question

• I have MS Project Professional 2010 and TFS 2010. I have a team project and a MS project file which was connected to this team project, when i opened ms project i used to see the team tab. One day i opened ms project and the team tab went missing, now no matter which .mpp file i open, i do not see the team tab. It has just disappeared. The same thing is working fine on other systems in my office. Its just my system that is doing this and it used to work fine just few days ago. I tried excel and excel still shows the team tab.

Please note that i am not using project server. Can anyone help, why can the team tab go missing in ms project professional, could it be a windows update cause otherwise the system configuration is same.

FJ

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:34 AM

Answers

• Finally i found the issue and resolved it. Actually in options -> Add-ins, the team foundation Add-in was disabled. Apparently there was a crash in MS project professional and it automatically disabled this add-in. I enabled this add-in and the team ribbon was back.

FJ

• Marked as answer by lazers Friday, February 24, 2012 7:04 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 7:04 AM

All replies

• I don't have the same set up as you so am not sure what the "team tab" is however MSP is very good at remembering settings / things you change and then applying this to all projects that you open.  If you can find a way of re-displaying the "team tab" the chances are that this will be remembered and the issue will go away.  It is unlikely to the windows update.

Can you put up a screen shot of the "team tab" or maybe more description?

Miles

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:59 AM
  • I don't have the same set up as you so am not sure what the "team tab" is however MSP is very good at remembering settings / things you change and then applying this to all projects that you open.  If you can find a way of re-displaying the "team tab" the chances are that this will be remembered and the issue will go away.  It is unlikely to the windows update.

Can you put up a screen shot of the "team tab" or maybe more description?

Miles

The team tab means the team ribbon at the top, see the image below, i have highlighted the portion where there should be a team ribbon. I also checked in customizing ribbon hoping to add it again from there but in customize ribbon / toolbar there is absolutely no team option or team related options i.e. refresh, get work items, publish etc. The team related options are just gone. Now i wil do a uninstall and install on microsoft project

FJ

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Finally i found the issue and resolved it. Actually in options -> Add-ins, the team foundation Add-in was disabled. Apparently there was a crash in MS project professional and it automatically disabled this add-in. I enabled this add-in and the team ribbon was back.

FJ

• Marked as answer by lazers Friday, February 24, 2012 7:04 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Often after a crash caused by an addin you will get asked on the  next time you open Project if you want to disable the addin. The wording (and the speed with which most people read such messages) often causes people to accidentally say yes to disabling.

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:19 PM