none
Project 2016 does not Browse to PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Suddenly last week, our Desktop Project 2016 installs site-wide would no longer Browse to the PWA Projects List.

Before the issue, when selecting Project Web App Link>Browse, to open an Existing Project in the PWA a Windows Explorer window would open up showing a list of Projects with a 'Show Me the List of All Projects' link, we would select 'Show Me the List of All Projects' to open the Full PWA Projects list.

Now, In Project, when selecting Project Web App>Browse, to open a PWA Project, a Windows Explorer window opens up to the Local Documents Library on the machine (i.e. Documents).

As far as I am aware, no permissions on the PWA have been changed.

Can anyone help to shed any light on why this would be?

Note that we can still create New Enterprise Projects and Save Them into the PWA from Desktop Project 2016, and that existing Recent PWA Pinned Links still work and open and all project Publishing works fine.

Many Thanks

Dean

Friday, June 7, 2019 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Dean,

I have seen this when different versions of project are installed.  Make sure you have the Pofessional version, or Project Online Desktop client installed.  If you have any version of standard please remove it.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Friday, June 7, 2019 3:55 PM