none
Project Online Odata 45 Field limit RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Its an old and closed thread though, but just come across this and thought of updating to all you that effective from today, 45 Custom field limit has been increased to 450 CF for ALL type fields.

https://blogs.office.com/2015/12/03/3-new-enhancements-to-project-online

Enjoy :)

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Friday, December 4, 2015 4:57 AM

All replies

• This is a limitation specific to OData.  All available ECFs are just the 45. That is why it is listed as a limitation.
    You can create hundreds of custom fields, but you won’t be able to see them in the OData feed.  It is a hard stop on the 45 limit – maybe 45 isn’t an absolute limit, but is instead a safe - conservative limit.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:46 PM
  • Thanks Shazeb, I deduced this from the original article but it was my understanding that there was an update to this situation related to some work MS was doing around this limitation. I will keep looking. Thanks.
    Monday, July 28, 2014 2:29 AM
  • Hi Franko / Shazeb,

Have you been able to find any alternate solution or update on this.

Abhijeet, MCTS | abhijeetm@outlook.com

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 9:00 AM
  • Hi Abhijeet, it is my understanding that the 45 field limit still applies and will do for the foreseeable future. However I should clarify its - 45 fields of the text data type. So you aren't limited to 45 fields in total, just 45 text fields.
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:36 AM
  • Thanks Franko.

Yes the limitation is with respect to Text fields only but unfortunately due to business scenario we have much more text fields that the limit.

Although its allowing to create more, we are not able to get those in OData feed.

We are looking at few options to get those for reporting but up to now no luck.

Let me know if you have any alternatives around getting data extracted.

Abhijeet, MCTS | abhijeetm@outlook.com

Thursday, June 4, 2015 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

Its an old and closed thread though, but just come across this and thought of updating to all you that effective from today, 45 Custom field limit has been increased to 450 CF for ALL type fields.

https://blogs.office.com/2015/12/03/3-new-enhancements-to-project-online

Enjoy :)

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Friday, December 4, 2015 4:57 AM