none
Why Did my PC restart? There's a problem that's keeping us from getting your PC ready to use RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I recently updated my 10 year old HP Envy 14 to the latest Windows Oct 2018 update from April 2018 Windows version. After the update, I observed that the Microsoft apps on my PC are not working. So I went ahead and did Reset my PC without deleting files. However, i have got into a loop with the message displaying the error above and my PC keeps on restarting. I tried launching my PC in safe mood but I am getting the error that the Windows installation is not complete yet. 

Now, I am in a loop and cannot get out of it. Is there any solution?

Friday, October 5, 2018 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Can you perform operations in Safe Mode? If so, you can try to uncheck Automatically restart option as momominta said.
    Also, you can refer to this link:
    How to use Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to troubleshoot common startup issues
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4026030/how-to-use-windows-recovery-environment-winre-to-troubleshoot-common-s

If the issue still persists, hard power off your PC 3 times until the Advanced Recovery environment appears. Then choose Advanced options----->Startup repair----->Uninstall latest(feature update). Then see if it helps.

Hope these could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 8, 2018 7:38 AM
  • I’m having this exact problem as well. I can’t get it to go in to Advanced Recovery, or safe mode, it just is in the infinite loop.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:01 PM