none
Need Help wiith Project Web App Sync (Project Online) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I have a problem with a recently created Project Online instance (which by the way is set up with the Project Permission security mode).  Users (in the Administrators security group) do not have access to Project Sites other than the ones that they create/ own.  Does not seem normal.  Is it normal for an admin not to have access to a project's 'Project Site'?

I managed to find this work around: In the EPTs, I have to explicitly select "Sync User Permissions" otherwise only the creator/ owner of the project has access to their respective project site(s).  In other instances, I do not need to enable it this way; i.e., creating a new project via an EPT (which is set up to "Automatically create a site on next publish") creates the project and site as expected (i.e., team members of the project schedule have access to the project site by default, including users who belong to the administrators security group).  Right?

Note, "Enable Project Web App Sync" is checked in the PWA > Server Settings > Manage User Sync Settings.  What I am forgetting/ missing???  Is their some configuration option(s) in PWA > Server Settings > 'Connected SharePoint Sites' that we have to set too and that I am overlooking?

Help!

For what it is worth... At the moment, users/ resources are being entered/ setup manually, i.e., no AD sync enabled yet. 

Thanks in advance,

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:03 AM

Answers

• Hello Spiro,

That isnt a workaround you have found in the EPT - that is where you control the user sync now. This changed when Microsoft enabled support for upto 30,000 projects / project sites. Worth noting, that user permission sync is only possible when your project sites exist in the PWA site collection.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:00 AM