none
Timeline MS Project 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to re-arrange the timeline bars. Example I would like to move the last timeline bar to the top.
    Friday, April 19, 2019 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi, it is a 2016, or Project Online Desktop Client feature, and no, it is not possible to rearrange the bars, just the data on the bars by dragging and dropping.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by SmokeyJoe101 Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:46 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:19 PM

All replies

• SmokeyJoe101,

When you say last timeline bar I assume your bars are stacked something like this

And you want it to look like this (i.e. buyer task on top)

If so, simply activate the Timeline view, select the desired task, then drag and drop the task where you want it.

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, April 19, 2019 3:02 PM
  • I have multiple timeline bar that each have there own set of task.  Actually if you open the file I sent you yesterday you will see my timelines.  I would like to re-order the bars themselves???
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:03 PM
  • smokeyJoe101,

Unfortunately I can't help you with that as my version of Project only provides for a single timeline so I can't display the multiple timelines that may exist in the file you sent. Hopefully somebody else will jump in but they likely will need a screen shot of at least part of your timesline(s).

John

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:24 PM
  • I think this became available in 2016 - thanks John
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:46 PM
  • Hi, it is a 2016, or Project Online Desktop Client feature, and no, it is not possible to rearrange the bars, just the data on the bars by dragging and dropping.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by SmokeyJoe101 Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:46 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:19 PM