none
How do we suppress the "Create a big picture view of your projects" message? RRS feed

• Question

• This message banner is appearing on the PWA Home Page, the Project Center page, etc.  How can we suppress this message?
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Doug --

I have never ever seen this message in PWA.  Out of curiosity, are there PMs in your organization who use JIRA for agile project management?  And if so, has your organization purchased the BigPicture software for JIRA?  I did a quick Google search and the only reference to a banner like you describe involves the BigPicture software.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:23 PM
  • Hi Doug (and Dale),

You have this message regarding ROADMAP, which in a new service part of Project Online. There is a link pointing to the roadmap service in the banner by the way.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Project-Blog/Announcing-Project-Roadmaps/ba-p/268466

My guess is that as soon as you'll create at least 1 roadmap, the message will go away.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by DouglasWelsby Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:51 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:28 PM
  • Thanks Dale - no, not using BigPicture, and you're correct, Google/Bing searches have turned up nothing.  Here's a link to an image of the banner:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsMo03sxtGD-i_lr-Pv4X2-m6TZQ5g?e=e9NNvX

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:34 PM
  • Merci Guillaume - yes, I understand the message / roadmap feature, thanks.

Your guess is correct - I had not yet created a roadmap on this particular PWA instance, and the message disappeared after I did so.

Thanks for the help Dale/Guillaume.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:51 PM
  • You're welcome Doug!

By the way I used to know a Doug Weslby working for Microsoft back in 2012 in Montreal, is that you?

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:36 PM
  • You are truly a computer genius, my fellow MVP friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:48 PM
  • I appreciate Dale! :-) 

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:02 AM