none
Create Master Project RRS feed

• Question

• We have in our environment multiple projects that are published to Project Server 2016. They are individual projects and are being updated on a regular basis by different teams.<o:p></o:p>

I guess I can create a master project to generate consolidated report from all the projects stored in project server. What do you recommend: (1) Can we insert sub-projects into a master project that will reside on the desktop or (2) should it also reside on project server?

I can link them into the master project with 'read' option only, since the projects are maintained by different PMs. I will appreciate it if you can guide me.<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:02 PM

All replies

• RSHanover --

What is it you need to do with a master project that cannot be done through Project Server reports?  I would recommend you first determine if a master project is truly needed.  In most cases, reports could take the place of a master project, such as with viewing resource availability, for example.

If you determine you truly do need a master project, I would recommend that you insert each subproject Read-Only, and that you save the project as an MPP file on your computer.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:37 PM