client backups stopped after last update RRS feed

• Question

• Belt and Suspenders: Yes, everything is backed up to the cloud, but still like the security/convenience of the local server. That said, perhaps coincidentally, client backups stopped after I rebooted the server to apply the last update:

Server backup itself is fine. There are no listed alerts server storage.  Lots of space both on the system drive and in the storage pool. for The client computer backups folder shows up via Dashboard. I can't open it via dashboard as I can the other folders.

I can live without client backup if I need to, but suggestions on getting back on track will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1.if we restart client backup service on server essentials ,will the same issue happen?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/manage/manage-client-computer-backup-in-windows-server-essentials#BKMK_14
    2.what's the client backup status in devices item of server essentials dashboard ?
    3.if we recreate a backup task for current issue client on server essentials dashboard,will it work fine ?

This "Windows Server 2012 Essentials " Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

"Windows Server 2012 Essentials" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows Server 2012 Essentials"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    • Edited by Phoebe Lu Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:04 AM
  • I posted a response with screen captures about 12 hours ago.  Is there a reason why I don't see it?
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:15 AM
  • Hi,

we can use below link method to verify your technet forum account so that you can post picture and website link. Please make sure that the pictures you post do not contain your company and your private information (including but not limited to domain name, public IP, email account, domain account, etc.). These private information must be altered.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5c00b9a9-3afe-4ee9-bbf0-34157716b92a/verify-my-account?forum=reportabug

This "Windows Server 2012 Essentials " Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

"Windows Server 2012 Essentials" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows Server 2012 Essentials"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Phoebe Lu Friday, July 24, 2020 1:26 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2020 1:25 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can help you?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 7:54 AM