none
Project Plan Review via Script or Macro RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an Macro or Script available to review he project plan and create a report may be in Excel with set of observations
    Monday, May 27, 2019 6:02 PM

Answers

• Scatterworlds, 

There are many publicly-available resources.  Search for "DCMA 14-Point Assessment" or the GAO Schedule Assessment Guide.

No general-purpose, computerized, schedule quality assessment tool constitutes a "comprehensive review" of any project plan or schedule.  Rather, the available tools establish the necessary preconditions for a true schedule review that focuses on the scope of work, technological sequence restraints, resource productivity, and other factors that are nominally external to - but implicit in - the project schedule. 

Good luck, tom

• Proposed as answer by Rob Schneider Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Scatterworlds Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:26 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Well you could try the best practise analyser report which is built into Microsoft Project itself.  By understanding how the report works you will be able to build your own requirements into the report.

There are also 3rd party apps, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of them.  

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, May 27, 2019 7:10 PM
  • Thanks Ben for your valuable inputs as always,

Can you please also share / help with the comprehensive list of such key review criterion eg.

* No summary Tasks be assigned resources

Thanks

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

You do do worse than read this blog post.  Note I wrote it years ago but the principles are the same...

https://applepark.co.uk/creating-the-perfect-plan/ 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Thank you,

I have now ensured points mentioned in the blog are addressed in my plan. Is there any other similar pointers or list of things for reviewal prior declaring it being reviewed comprehensively

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:36 PM
  • Scatterworlds, 

There are many publicly-available resources.  Search for "DCMA 14-Point Assessment" or the GAO Schedule Assessment Guide.

No general-purpose, computerized, schedule quality assessment tool constitutes a "comprehensive review" of any project plan or schedule.  Rather, the available tools establish the necessary preconditions for a true schedule review that focuses on the scope of work, technological sequence restraints, resource productivity, and other factors that are nominally external to - but implicit in - the project schedule. 

Good luck, tom

• Proposed as answer by Rob Schneider Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Scatterworlds Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:26 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 4:10 PM
  • Thanks Tom for your valuable inputs

Much appreciated

Is there any other recent / current release or guiding document 

Thanks

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:05 AM