• When accessing and saving Projects. The below error is popping up

Error :

Microsoft Visual basic for Applications

Compile Error : Error in loading DLL

Ram

Monday, November 26, 2012 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hello Ram,

Have you got any sort of customisations or macros running on the affected files? It could be that there is a reference in the VBA project to a DLL that you either don't have, or don't have the right version of (i.e. the same version as the developer of your customisation).

To check, press Alt+F11 to open up the VB Editor, and expand the tree in the left hand pane. By default it looks like this:

If there are any additional modules here, these could be the source of your problem.

Also, double click on the "ThisProject" object in Global (and also in your affected files), and see if there is any code in there, as that could be the cause of the error too.

You might also get a clue by looking in the References dialogue, by selecting Tools > References from this screen.

The ticked references will all appear at the top, but it may tell you which DLL isn't loading.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Monday, November 26, 2012 9:50 AM
  • Hi Andrew, Yes we have custom macros( which is an add on for MS Project). How can we debug these to avoid these error messages.

Ram

Monday, November 26, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Does the references dialogue (my second screenshot) show which DLL failed to load? That would be my starting point.

It will hopefully show you which DLL isn't loading, which will in turn show which application (or OS component) isn't where it is expected to be, or at the version it is expected to be. I've experienced such errors in the past when we've moved up to Office 2010, or up to Windows 7, but it could be another app which is unique to your environment that the integration is expecting to be there.

Let me know what you find.

Monday, November 26, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Here is the way the references shows.

Ram

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:23 AM
  • Does the Event Log give any more information to help identify what it failed to load Ram?

Best regards,

Brian Smith

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Friday, January 4, 2013 11:29 PM
    Owner