none
need to add a new field in timeSheet table in EPM RRS feed

• Question

• am working on the customization of EPM and need your suggestion/help in this regards.

I need to add a field in TimeSheet. Lets say i have to add a 'Transaction Category' field in timeSheet table MSP_Timesheet so that it will also be available on Project server (EPM) page when i click on 'My timeSheet'. I am new to this so any type of help will be highly appreciated or if you can give me some sample or just tell what do you think that how can i do this.
    Monday, January 4, 2010 3:48 PM

Answers

• You should first consider using custom fields.  The timesheet can show in its views the assignment custom fields.  An assignment custom field is created after you create Task custom fields and Resource custom fields.  Your example would best be solved with Task custom fields.

You cannot extend the existing SQL tables without breaking your license agreement and also the PSI will not read these fields dynamically as the PSI uses a strongly typed dataset.  If custom fields do no solve your question then you will have to add a table and then consider adding extra fields that way and then you will have to modify the ASPX all of which is not recommended.
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 6:32 PM