none
Read Project Online Local Custom Field With OData RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying something for a client. I have to read the value of local custom fields TaskText7 and TaskText10 with OData from Project Online and create a report in Excel. The report uses the OData url for retrieving data, and that is it, no C# code.  I can't find them anywhere in OData. Tried to copy the values in an Enterprise Custom Field  but I can't find them in formula either.

Thanks

Monday, July 11, 2016 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately for you, only Enterprise Custom Fields created (in the PWA server settings page) are available in the OData API.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Stefan Paul Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:05 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 12:56 PM
  • Hello,

In an enterprise PPM system it would be recommended to use Enterprise Custom Fields. Local fields will not be available in the APIs for reporting plus as you have seen, they can't be reference in Enterprise custom formula fields. They are local to that project only.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, July 11, 2016 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately for you, only Enterprise Custom Fields created (in the PWA server settings page) are available in the OData API.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, July 11, 2016 12:56 PM
  • Hello,

In an enterprise PPM system it would be recommended to use Enterprise Custom Fields. Local fields will not be available in the APIs for reporting plus as you have seen, they can't be reference in Enterprise custom formula fields. They are local to that project only.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, July 11, 2016 1:09 PM