none
The Project was not found on Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• We have a plan that should have been on the project server but mysteriously disappeared approx. 3 weeks ago (I do have last backup). When I checked on the PWA, that plan still displays in a product list but when I clicked to open it, the message displayed as shown.

None of us deleted this plan, is this a bug?  Can someone help please before I raised ticket with MS?  I have been working with project for approx. 2 years.  This is the first time we are experiencing project missing without a trace. STRANGE!

Thanks,

NLuu

• Edited by NLuu Monday, August 5, 2019 9:09 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 7:53 PM

Answers

• Try restoring it from SharePoint Central .

Its under General Applications Settings / Project web Application Settings / Administrative Restore

select project and click RESTORE

Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

• Marked as answer by NLuu Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:54 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:16 AM
  • The way to check if it still exists is to see if it is there using PWA settings by using the Delete Enterprise Objects dialogue box to check if it exists in the drafts/published database.   If it does, then your issue is with opening it in MS Project.   In MS Project, use the File | Open dialogue box, and click on "View all PRojects on Project Server" (or similar name, I can't fully remember) to bypass the active cache.  You should see all projects that you have the right to open.  Select the project and hopefully it will open for you.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:14 AM
  • One thing I always do, assuming I am able to use Project Server permissions, is to remove the delete permission from Project Managers.  There are no audit logs in Project Server / Project Online, so you are unlikely to be able to find out who deleted it.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:55 PM

All replies

• Try restoring it from SharePoint Central .

Its under General Applications Settings / Project web Application Settings / Administrative Restore

select project and click RESTORE

Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:16 AM
  • The way to check if it still exists is to see if it is there using PWA settings by using the Delete Enterprise Objects dialogue box to check if it exists in the drafts/published database.   If it does, then your issue is with opening it in MS Project.   In MS Project, use the File | Open dialogue box, and click on "View all PRojects on Project Server" (or similar name, I can't fully remember) to bypass the active cache.  You should see all projects that you have the right to open.  Select the project and hopefully it will open for you.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:14 AM
  • I checked in the "Delete Enterprise Objects" I don't see that plan in there. This makes me think that the project was deleted in the project server.  Thanks

NLuu

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:50 PM
  • I have raised ticket to SharePoint support L2 in my organization to find out. My goal is to find out when and who deleted that and restore it back. I do have my last back up on 7/12 but according to FluentProBook which I used to publish all project, it says last publish for this plan was 7/16. This means, if whatever you suggested me fails, I can use my backup but I probably lose 4 days of works of the plan.

NLuu

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:09 PM
  • One thing I always do, assuming I am able to use Project Server permissions, is to remove the delete permission from Project Managers.  There are no audit logs in Project Server / Project Online, so you are unlikely to be able to find out who deleted it.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:55 PM
  • I have just found out that the plan's name was changed to something else after manually traced it.  The name change (looking from the outset) was a mistakenly renamed not knowing as the project's name making no sense and doesn't fit into our naming convention.  How do I find out who changed the name of the plan?  Thank you.

NLuu

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:58 PM
  • If you look in the Queue (Manage Queue Jobs) and find the first reference to the new project name, then the owner of that job will be the person who changed the name. However, successful queue jobs are deleted after a while (I think it was24 hours) and so you may not have the information to search.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 11:52 PM