none
what permission required to create project plan from workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created demand generation process flow once demand approved have to create project plan for that demand.

When i initiate request with admin rights than project plan created from workflow.

when i initiate request from normal user with team members rights than project plan not created from workflow.

pls guide what permission required and how can i add into workflow so that project plan created from workflow when team  member initiate request.

Thx

iffi

Friday, September 13, 2019 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

to create a new project, permission "New Project" (Global Permission) and "Save Project to Project Server" (Category Permission) at least for own projects is required. Both permissions are not assigned to members of the group "Team Members", but only to "Project Managers".

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog (English/German)

Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply, but i have to create project from workflow, business user has to initiate request and at end project plan has to created. so pls guide how to manage / give permission in workflow.

but i do not want business user to create project plan directly using pwa or project professional.

pls guide.

iffi

Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

you can't separate permissions for creating a project by workflow or client.

Just an idea: Modify your workflow that it starts at any edit and let it finish after approvals or rejections are done. You have to ensure of course, that WF goes to the correct stage at any new start.

When the final approval is done, send an e-mail to someone with correct permissions to create a new project. Finish the WF again after sending e-mail. If e-mail is received by someone (or some group), this person has to perform any action on list item to start the project creation. A project is always created in the context of the person who started toe WF. Therefore you have to ensure, that the latest start of the WF is done by someone with necessary permissions.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog (English/German)

Saturday, September 14, 2019 7:08 PM
  • Hi,

pls guide how to provide these permission.

Thx

iffi

Sunday, September 15, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

i have given "New Project" (Global Permission), i am unable to find "Save Project to Project Server" (Category Permission).

can u pls guide where i can find these permission.

Thanks.

iffi

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:50 AM