none
Tasks due in 14 days ONLY

Question

• Hello,

I've been trying all sort of formula in order to get a simple view of the upcoming tasks in the next 2 weeks. All the filters I tried showed me all past tasks of all future tasks, which starts much later the 14 days.

I would also like to filter the tasks by resource and make a report.

Formulas I've tried:

[Start]<(now()+14) And [Finish]<(now()+100)

IIf(([Start]<([Status Date]+14)),"Yes","No")

(([Start]>DateAdd("d",-7,now()) Or [Finish]>DateAdd("d",-7,now())) And ([Start]<DateAdd("d",7,now()) Or [Finish]<DateAdd("d",7,now()))) Or ([Finish]<DateAdd("d",7,now()) And [% Complete]<100)

Thanks,

Adi

Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:59 AM

All replies

• Adi,

There is already a built-in filter called "Using Resource in Date Range...". Won't that do what you need? If not, why not?

John

• Proposed as answer by Ismet Kocaman Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:42 AM
    Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:23 PM
  • Hi John,

Thank you for your replay.

I have a problem with the definition of this filter. It says "That start or finish after:"?. It's a bit of a contradictory. I would like a filter to show me the tasks that are about to start in the following weeks.

Adi

Monday, December 11, 2017 6:34 AM
  • John,

Please allow me to post these screenshots:

This is a sample for task Date Range filter:

This is a sample for resource Date Range filter:

You can also specify a resource name in the task filter Using Resource in Date Range, or apply the AutoFilter to the date-range highlighted list for multiple resources in Resource Usage view. 

Monday, December 11, 2017 1:34 PM
  • Adi,

I agree that the wording on the filter user message is confusing. All these years of using Project and I still have to think when I use that filter.

If you are simply interested in showing tasks that start anytime between now and 14 days from now, then the following formula in a Flag field will set up the criteria for a simple filter on that Flag field. This approach is a little more clear and doesn't require input from the user.

Flag1=IIf([Start]>=[Current Date] And [Start]<=([Current Date]+14) And [% Complete]<>100,True,False)

Ordinarily the percent complete argument isn't needed but I wanted to account for any tasks that may have been complete ahead of time, a rare occurrence but it does happen.

You can isolate specific resources by including the Resource Names field in the filter for Flag1.

Hope this helps.

John

• Edited by John - Project Monday, December 11, 2017 3:46 PM more
    • Proposed as answer by Ismet Kocaman Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:41 AM
    Monday, December 11, 2017 3:42 PM
  • Ismet,

I think I simplified it for him/her but thanks for you input.

John

Monday, December 11, 2017 5:30 PM
  • Yes John, as always, you explained it perfectly. 
    Monday, December 11, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Thank you both!

Highly appreciated.

Adi

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:39 AM
  • Thank you Adi. Just a note; you can edit the prompt texts in the filters as you like, such as "enter the start of the date range" and "enter the end of the date range". MS Project is a highly customizable product. 

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Adi,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:22 PM