none
MS Project 2013 Calendar permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to find a way for Project managers to edit the calendar for a particular project (for example, adding a few Saturday workdays that would not be on the company default calendar).  from what i can tell though, the PM needs to have admin level access to create or modify a calendar.

what is the best way to go about this?  I saw that there was resource calendars as well as task specific calendars, but I was looking for something a little more generic 

hope this makes sense, thanks for the help

Monday, October 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You don't have to grant all admin permissions to allow Project Managers to update enterprise calendar.

You could just grant to the project manager security group under the server settings the "manage enterprise calendars" permission so they'll be able to add exceptions to ANY enterprise calendars. Note that it can be dangerous since they'll have access to all enterprise calendars.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

• Marked as answer by efrizzell Friday, October 31, 2014 5:44 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You don't have to grant all admin permissions to allow Project Managers to update enterprise calendar.

You could just grant to the project manager security group under the server settings the "manage enterprise calendars" permission so they'll be able to add exceptions to ANY enterprise calendars. Note that it can be dangerous since they'll have access to all enterprise calendars.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

• Marked as answer by efrizzell Friday, October 31, 2014 5:44 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 5:55 PM
  • sorry for the late reply, our project was not in the right mode and so these options were not available to us.  a quick switch over fixed it
    Friday, October 31, 2014 5:47 PM