locked
Error 23000 in Project 2013 during publishing RRS feed

  • Question

  • I tried to publish a really small test Project (15 Tasks, 3 resources). It works fine several times, but one time the publishing stopped with the error, that the Publishing process could not be completed due to error 23000(0x59D8). I found out, that the Project plan stopped in the Queue with 31%. I deleted this Project plan from the Queue and published again and it works. But my colleague had the same Problem with another small test Project too. I know that this Kind of Problems occurs in Project since around 10 years and I think, that there should be found a General solution for this.

    Friday, April 12, 2013 10:01 AM

All replies

  • Hi Grit Gross,

    Are there projects based on any customize project templates?


    Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Friday, April 12, 2013 6:43 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

    no, nothing. Only a simple small just created project plan.

    Thanks,

    Grit

    Monday, April 15, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Did you assign any resources to a summary task?

    If you did, remove all assigned resources from summary tasks and sava as project. Then publish the project again. It sould be fine now.

    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:15 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

    Can you please help?

    I am getting the 23000 error when publishing. I use a customized project template, any ideas why this is happening and how I can prevent? Here's a sample of the error

    • Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.Message:
      • ProjectPublishFailure (23000). Details: id='23000' name='ProjectPublishFailure' uid='4904f61d-72db-e311-b1bf-005056ac0cdb' projectuid='0044bb3c-cbd6-e311-b1bf-005056ac0cdb' messagetype='Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.QueueMsg.SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage' messageID='38' stage='' blocking='Block'.
    • Queue:
      • GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - ProjectPublish.SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='4a04f61d-72db-e311-b1bf-005056ac0cdb' JobUID='3e9dad1b-72db-e311-9388-0026b9704659' ComputerName='a86272d7-a35e-447d-8092-b19c0625ea32' GroupType='ProjectPublish' MessageType='SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage' MessageId='38' Stage='' CorrelationUID='2dd4909c-9651-1011-5ea3-211f652e144f'. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine a86272d7-a35e-447d-8092-b19c0625ea32 for entries with JobUID 3e9dad1b-72db-e311-9388-0026b9704659.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:56 PM
  • This could happen due to multiple reasons Project corruption, Assignment, Calendar, Duplicate resources, Binaries corruption etc., what service pack are you on(assuming its not online) is the project client patched to the same version as server?

    Also is there a pattern you can identify like projects created from same template having issues, this would narrow down the issue resolution 

    Also it would be helpful if you can post the corresponding ULS log message as queue errors are generic and specific details can be obtained only from the ULS logs


    Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:52 PM
  • Grit --

    Do you have at least Service Pack 1 installed on your Project Server 2013 system?  If you are using an unpatched Project Server 2013 instance with no Cumulative Updates installed, there was a bug that I believe caused an error 23000 when publishing.  The bug was that publishing failed on tasks that were Milestones and had been baselined.  It was a ridiculous bug and Microsoft fixed it pretty quick.  Hope this helps.


    Dale A. Howard [MVP]

    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:07 PM
  • Found resource with NULL name in project. Deleting of empty recources solved this issue. No need to save to local file and republish project to server. Project saved and published successfully.

    Path:Lookup through ULS of ProjectServer by UID of job gave me ProjUID and Recource UID:

    Нарушено "PK_MSP_PROJECT_RESOURCES" ограничения PRIMARY KEY. Не удается вставить повторяющийся ключ в объект "pub.MSP_PROJECT_RESOURCES". Повторяющееся значение ключа: (7cbde0c7-d7e8-e411-b328-3cd92b61d62e, a0cb8b7e-2a8c-436d-0000-0000000000ff).

    Select from database pub.MSP_PROJECT_RESOURCES by this resource uid gave me yet another few projects with the same potential issue.

    Cause: i think the resource was deleted once.

    • Proposed as answer by FlameKeeper Friday, August 26, 2016 6:39 AM
    • Edited by FlameKeeper Friday, August 26, 2016 6:47 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 6:39 AM
  • Hi, restart your Db server.
    Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:35 PM