none
Project Server 2010 - Issue with Project Owners changing systematically RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed a situation where the Project Owner is changing without it having been done in the standard fashion of manually changing it on the proejct's PDP.  It seems to be happening systematically, potentially as another PM (owner) publishes that project from Project Professional 2010.  In our organization it's not uncommon for project managers to be working jointly on a project schedule, but it needs to remain as a project owned by a specific PM.  I wouldn't think this is designed behavior, but I'm curious if there are thoughts about this issue.  Please share.  Thanks!

Friday, April 12, 2013 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hello. This is an issue that I have seen at several clients but we can't seem to reproduce it. There are also several other posts about this on the Project Server forums. Unfortunately, no fix or no repro steps. If we get repro steps, we could raise to MS. If you do manage to find any possible repro steps, please let us know here. Thanks Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, April 12, 2013 5:17 PM

All replies

• Hello. This is an issue that I have seen at several clients but we can't seem to reproduce it. There are also several other posts about this on the Project Server forums. Unfortunately, no fix or no repro steps. If we get repro steps, we could raise to MS. If you do manage to find any possible repro steps, please let us know here. Thanks Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, April 12, 2013 5:17 PM
  • Thanks fo r the reply Paul.  I've speculated that this situation can occur when the Project Manager has two projects opened in project profesional - 1 project where they are the Owner, and 1 project where they are not the owner.  When the PM publishes the project that they are not the owner of it may be making the update at that time.  I'll do some testing on this when I can and hopefully escalate.  As I mentioned, this has occured several times in our environmnet in the short time we've had PS2010 deployed.  Thanks.
    Friday, April 12, 2013 9:06 PM