none
Portfolio Analysis, generic resources availability RRS feed

• Question

• In Portfolio Analysis in Strategic module of Project Online, when analyzing resources in detailed requirements view, I see only none generic resources roles (Monica and Juan Antonio).  I cannot see generic resources roles.

In Resource Center, I see the resources that I expect to see in detailed requirements view of the portfolio analysis, but I only see none generic (Monica and Juan Antonio).

Director Role: Juan Antonio (None Generic), Area Director 300% (generic), Specialty director 400% (generic)

Manager Role:  Architect 200% (Generic), Project Manager 500% (Generic), Monica (None Generic)

Team Member Role: DBA 600% (Generic)

What do I have to do to see both, generic and none generic resources there?

Regards!

Ramon Vazquez del Mercado

Saturday, July 13, 2019 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramon,

You have to create a resource enterprise custom field with the profile list : director, architect, PM, etc.. Then associate it with both generic and non-generic resources. 

Finally when you do your portfolio analysis definition, you have to select a "role" resource custom field for the capacity analysis. Selecting your profile custom field, you should see all resources both generic and non-generic in the requirements.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:53 AM