none
Process for adding new users to PWA site RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering about the process for adding a new user to PWA.. We are using Project Permissions Mode.  To add a new user I navigate to Settings > PWA Settings > Manage Users and I add a new user.  I put that user in the Administrators, Project Managers, and Portfolio Viewers group.  (Seems like I should only have to put them in the Administrators group, but that is another issue I think).  

Is it necessary for me, at this point, to go into the "regular" Site Settings and add the new user individually to these same three groups? It doesn't seem like I should have to, but I keep finding it necessary to do so.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Monday, July 8, 2019 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hello,

No you shouldn't need to do that second step, just adding them to the Project Security groups is sufficient when in the Project Permission mode. Do the users added not have access to PWA after doing this? What is the reason for also adding the users to the SharePoint groups? Is this a new PWA site collection?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:21 AM
  • The users, if they are administrators, are not seeing any content on the Project Center page (either from webparts or the project center files) until I add them to the SP groups.  The PWA site is more than a year old, but was switched to Project Permissions Mode (from SharePoint mode) a few months back with Microsoft Support's guidance (hand holding). 

The first time this happened, I contacted support and they said it was a synch issue on their end and they did what I presume was a "forced synch" for our site and it fixed the issue.  Since then I have added two more administrators and this same thing has happened each time.  Frustrating.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:45 PM
  • In that case, I'd open another support ticket, if it's a backend issue Microsoft will be the only ones who can fix this permanently. 

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:28 AM