MSP Publishing Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having a publishing issue in MSP. I’ve initially published my timeline and it shows up in PWA.
    However, anytime I make updates or go to republish, I keep getting the following error message.
    I’ve made sure MSP is updated and also cleared all my cache, but still it is not working. 

Regards,

Ajit

• Edited by Ajit Kannan Tuesday, December 15, 2020 6:33 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2020 6:31 AM

Answers

• Ajit --

Hmmm.  It sounds like the first Publish job was successful EXCEPT for creating the Project Site for the project.  I would suspect that the Project Site Creation job failed part-way through the creation process, which means that the name of the Project Site has already been used.

In a situation like this, I would recommend that your Project Online application administrator DELETE the Project Site for this project.  And after doing so, you should be able to publish the project again, and let the system create the Project Site for you again.  And then confirm the Project Site was created successfully by navigating to the Project Site when the Publish job is completed.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Ajit Kannan Tuesday, December 22, 2020 5:13 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:38 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply. I have already deleted and publish the specific project.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajit

Tuesday, December 22, 2020 5:13 PM

All replies

• Ajit --

If you attached a screenshot of the error message, I cannot see it.  What error message are you seeing when you republish your project?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, December 15, 2020 1:09 PM
  • Hi,

Below is the Message 
    Message - The workspace you are trying to provision already exists!

Regards,

Ajit

Thursday, December 17, 2020 6:24 AM
  • Ajit --

Hmmm.  It sounds like the first Publish job was successful EXCEPT for creating the Project Site for the project.  I would suspect that the Project Site Creation job failed part-way through the creation process, which means that the name of the Project Site has already been used.

In a situation like this, I would recommend that your Project Online application administrator DELETE the Project Site for this project.  And after doing so, you should be able to publish the project again, and let the system create the Project Site for you again.  And then confirm the Project Site was created successfully by navigating to the Project Site when the Publish job is completed.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:38 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply. I have already deleted and publish the specific project.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajit

Tuesday, December 22, 2020 5:13 PM