none
Create an Upcoming Task report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using Project Pro 2013. My client had a requirement for showing an Upcoming task report for 2 weeks or a month from the current date. can I build a filter in the MSP for the same?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Monday, January 11, 2016 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You would probably have to use a flag custom field with a formula.

For example you could use this formula with a flag: it will set to 1 all non completed tasks with a start date in the 2 coming weeks. 4800 is the number of minutes in 10 working days.

IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],4800),Yes,No),No)

Then you might want to create a filter on this flag and use it in highlighted mode in a custom view.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Amit.Wairkar Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:29 AM
    Monday, January 11, 2016 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You would probably have to use a flag custom field with a formula.

For example you could use this formula with a flag: it will set to 1 all non completed tasks with a start date in the 2 coming weeks. 4800 is the number of minutes in 10 working days.

IIf([% Complete]<100,IIf([Start]<ProjDateAdd([Current Date],4800),Yes,No),No)

Then you might want to create a filter on this flag and use it in highlighted mode in a custom view.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Amit.Wairkar Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:29 AM
    Monday, January 11, 2016 12:05 PM
  • why? there is already a date range filter built in.
    Monday, January 11, 2016 12:17 PM
  • Thanks Guil. Helpul.

I know there is a date range in the filter. Also I had shown it to my Client but they want the report on one click. My client is more demanding u see. :D. 

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:29 AM