none
Project Server 2013 Project Workflow

Question

• Hi All,

We are using project server 2013, we have three phase (New, In Progress, Closure) project  workflow. When the project is in the In Progress phase, if the project manager reschedule the project which change the planned finish date, it need to be submitted to the PMO for approval, how to control this and incorporate in the workflow.

Thanks in advance, Taj

Sunday, January 17, 2016 12:08 PM

Answers

• Taj,

The challenge here is to store the previous Project Finish Date to compare against.

As part of the workflow, I would store the Project Name, Project UID and the Project Finish Date, into a SharePoint List field, at the time of project creation.

The Whenever the wait for event = Checked in, you could compare the value of the current Project Finish Date with the one in the List Item, and if it is different, trigger an approval. (or just overwrite with new date if approval is not required in subsequent stages).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, January 18, 2016 5:27 AM

All replies

• Taj,

The challenge here is to store the previous Project Finish Date to compare against.

As part of the workflow, I would store the Project Name, Project UID and the Project Finish Date, into a SharePoint List field, at the time of project creation.

The Whenever the wait for event = Checked in, you could compare the value of the current Project Finish Date with the one in the List Item, and if it is different, trigger an approval. (or just overwrite with new date if approval is not required in subsequent stages).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Monday, January 18, 2016 5:27 AM
  • Taj,

Just as a follow-up to this, I have written a blog series to address this scenario. You might find it helpful.

http://prasannaadavi.com/2016/01/creating-a-project-server-looping-approval-workflow-using-spd-2013part-1/#.Vq-7HrIrJhE

Cheers,

Monday, February 01, 2016 8:08 PM