none
Node Restarts and all the VMS in cluster role re-register themselves

Pergunta

• Dear All,

I am facing a strange issue,whenever i restart Node3 from my hyper-v Cluster environment, All the VMS tries to re-registrer again even though those vms are not running on Node3. It also re-register the VMS on node 1 and Node2

Below is the Environment details:

Hardware- HPE Syenergy Blade

3 Node 2012 R2 Hyper V node Cluster

Having Issues only with one of the hyper- V node, other 2 nodes works fine as expected

Already tried Removing and readding the Node in cluster

Checked the Windows Patches and other respurces on all 3 Nodes,everything looks similar

domingo, 8 de julho de 2018 13:13

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

May I know that where did you see all nodes re-registered? Windows logs? 

If possible, please drop me a screenshot for it, please remember to cover up your important information.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2018 03:10
    Moderador
  • Also, have you run the cluster validation wizard to see if it highlights any anomalies?  Be sure to investigate warnings, as they point to potential issues.

tim

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2018 12:07
  • Did you try to pause the node and reproduce the issue?

What do you use for cluster storage?

Cheers,

Alex Bykvoskyi

StarWind Software

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:  

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2018 19:38
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

terça-feira, 10 de julho de 2018 08:32
    Moderador
  • Hi

from your explanation, it immediately strikes in mind that it could be a storage, where your VMs are placed, could have been added only to that node and not to the other two.

Can you please check the status of the CSV under Storage --> Disk --> volume1 (CSVs)

are they in "Redirected mode"? if yes, then you may need to check the physical connectivity of the LUNs to the nodes in the cluster

You can also check the windows system logs, Failover cluster logs, Hyper-V worker, VMMS logs

Also run the cluster validation that will show you lot of information

Regards,
    Bala N

quarta-feira, 11 de julho de 2018 13:43