we migrated sharepoint sites using database attach detach method. And have a workflow along with that. I have clicked ok for "Auto generate to xsn".
after upgrading, there are several issue compared to designing a new workflow from scratch. One of them was the content type form urls were all empty having the text "click here to enter text".
1. I changed the display form url to "lists/listname/displayform.aspx"
2. Clicked on push changes to site and list before and after saving the content type
now, i go back to the site, click on the task form. It only opens the edit form.. I donot find this issue while deisgning a new workflow.
is there any way to set this url at any other place for this task form content type?? like in the xoml.xml.
Please help me on this.
Todas as Respostas
"Push changes" button acts like a check box. select on that, save the form and refresh... all the details are saved to the list content types as well..
need to confirm on one thing..
the workflow task edit forms, throw an error if i manually go and create a task in the list with that content type. since they bind with the workflow.. is it a default behaviour ?
When you create a SharePoint Designer workflow which have an action to create a task , a correaponding content type will be created after publihsh the workflow .The content type is added to the Tasks list .You can create a new Task using the content type ,but when you edit the task there will be an unexpected error .This is beacuse the EditForm and DispForm set for the content type is _layouts/WrkTaskIP.aspx .This page is used in a workflow and when you use it for manually created tasks ,it will throw an error just like you says .
TechNet Community Support
Thanks a lot for that confirmation !!
I have a new issue now. the content type view form shows a value of my field as "ID" where as the edit form shows the corresponding value.
this field was created as a single line of text in the collect dat from user activity. I created a data connection. changed this control to drop down list and mapped to the field. i had to select "id and title". If i slect title and title , getting a coercion error.
i need to display the value rather than the id in this view form. any ideaS?
Can you describe the detailed steps that you take to customize the workflow ?I can change the Single line of text field to a drop down and show Title instead of ID .Here are the detailed steps:
- Create a list workflow in SharePoint Designer .Add an action ‘Collect data from user ’ .
- Add a single line of text column in the collect data action .
- Publish the workflow and open the New Task_x0028_9_x0029.xsn in InfoPath Designer to edit the task form .
- Right click on the text box control and choose Change Control >Drop Down list box .
- Set the drop down list box to get value from an external data source .Add a data connection to the list where you want to get the value .
- In the Values and Display Name column choose d:Title .
- Publish the form back to SharePoint Designer .
TechNet Community Support
Eactly the same steps. Except for step 6, where I select Value as "ID" and Display name as "Title". In this case, display form shows the ID and edit form am shows the value.
I need the ID field because, I need to update this value back to the list where the workflow is running. And that field is a lookup in that list.
Hope am clear. Please verify with the above change.
Am sure am getting the value in the display form and the title in the edit form. Please see below.
I m using Dispform.aspx for view form and my custom task form for editing. I created colour as a look up column. display form shows 7 below and edit form shows the value.
- Editado meena.v quinta-feira, 21 de junho de 2012 06:03 changed the picture