none
GPMC in June CTP - Still not Working RRS feed

• Pergunta

• I just installed the June CTP of Win2008 Enterprise.  I am disappointed that the Group Policy Management Console still does not work.  It is displaying the same error message as BETA 3 of Longhorn (see below).  I am not sure how one is supposed to fully evaluate this new Server OS in a domain environment without Group Policy.

Any idea when this will be working in Win2008?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In GPMC (Longhorn BETA 3, Enterprise), when I open the Default Domain group policy and the Default Domain Controllers group policy, click on the Settings tab, then Security Settings, The following error message is displayed where you normally see the policies.  Is GPMC functional in BETA 3?  This is on a clean install of BETA 3 with just dcpromo run and GPMC installed and both sets of policies enabled.

"An error has occurred while collecting data for Security Configuration Engine (SCE) Extension.

This error impacts the following settings:
    Account Policies (Password Policy, Account Lockout Policy, Kerberos Policy)
    Local Policies (Audit Policy, User Rights Assignment, Security Options)
    Event Log
    Restricted Groups
    System Services
    Registry
    File System 
    The following errors apply to all of the above settings:
    The Security configuration file is not in a valid format. There is invalid information in the key MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\NullSessionPipes. Use Group Policy Object Editor to reconfigure the settings in this extension. "

segunda-feira, 2 de julho de 2007 23:51

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• Just as an update...we are aware of this and the problem is being worked.  It is not a problem with the registry but with the GPMC.  I cannot give you a timeframe when it will be fixed.
    segunda-feira, 9 de julho de 2007 11:40
  • OK.  If there are any updates, perhaps you could post them here.  Thanks.
    sábado, 14 de julho de 2007 13:18