none
Can't configure mini laptop to connect to internet

Pergunta

• A friend gifted me with an Acer: aspire one, laptop mini 10" while I save up to get my 17" Dell laptop fixed (screen went out).  What I didn't realize was that the gift laptop had window'XP on it.  I've been using windows 10 for a while now.  When I tried to connect to the internet, I couldn't. When I click on the icon for wireless network, view all wireless network, I got a blank page.  How do I fix this.  Please help.  Thank you in advance. :)

aefelton

terça-feira, 8 de maio de 2018 20:04

Todas as Respostas

• Does the laptop have a wireless adaptor?  Is it turned on?
    terça-feira, 8 de maio de 2018 22:22
  • First.. Dell Laptop 17in monitor repair, you can do yourself, it's not terrible to do, just get a set of small screwdrivers.. total cost for a new screen should run you no more then 100.00.. Though more likely less than 60.00 

That said, 

Windows Xp doesn't support anything more than 2.4GHZ 54G connections, this means if you have a fancy 5GHZ AC router, it won't work, no matter what adapter you have, or what I also believe you can only use WEP and not WPA or WPA2 security.. 

So assuming you have all the older equipment laying around at home, you should be able to connect to wireless, only if the wireless is actually installed... I/E the system has a wireless adapter, it is available, and the keyboard toggle is turned on. 

Otherwise you can buy a cheap wireless dongle for about 10 bucks, though once you get online, you will be limited in what you can do, since XP does not support HTML5, there is no browsers that support anything new that will work with it.. It will write papers, that's about it.. Maybe check email... though that might be a big leap too.. as there is no Support for youtube, facebook, or any other websites with HTML or Flash requirements. 

Just buy the screen and do the swap yourself, go slow, start a post here, and myself, or someone else on here can walk you through it.. it's generally pretty easy to do.. 

Rob

quarta-feira, 9 de maio de 2018 18:01