none
Problem with Yahoo mail and outlook

Pergunta

• I am having a lot of difficulty with Yahoo email. Windows 7 and outlook 2010. Every time I start outlook It keeps trying to download ALL emails. This is about 4GB. Was working fine for years and two months ago this started. I tried anti-virus , updates etc. I even upgraded to 2010 - same issue. I am reasonably technical but no expert. The way I have it set up is that it leave emails on yahoo. This is the way I want it as it acts as a backup and I can get to my in-box from another machine. Once I let it run overnight and complete the 4GB download of emails (quite slow) and then it restarted.

Any assistance is appreciated.

quarta-feira, 21 de março de 2012 12:57

Respostas

• once i have a problem with large pop3 email and was doing the same thing, each time download the full mailbox, the problem was the send and receive settings in outlook was set to short time which didn't give enough time to download all email and mark them as downloaded so i uncheck the automatically send and receive also deleted the .pst file and created new one after that i enabled the automatic send and receive back after downloading the full mailbox then it worked fine
    • Marcado como Resposta Castinlu sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2012 01:53
    quarta-feira, 21 de março de 2012 21:06
  • hi,

1.If you do this action in another place, do you still meet the issue? Please try it. Because i guess that your network maybe is the reason which also can cause the issue.

2.Try to recreate your outlook profile. If can try it on another machine.

hope can help you

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

• Editado Castinlu quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 11:54
    • Marcado como Resposta Castinlu sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2012 01:52
    quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 11:51

Todas as Respostas

• once i have a problem with large pop3 email and was doing the same thing, each time download the full mailbox, the problem was the send and receive settings in outlook was set to short time which didn't give enough time to download all email and mark them as downloaded so i uncheck the automatically send and receive also deleted the .pst file and created new one after that i enabled the automatic send and receive back after downloading the full mailbox then it worked fine
    • Marcado como Resposta Castinlu sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2012 01:53
    quarta-feira, 21 de março de 2012 21:06
  • hi,

1.If you do this action in another place, do you still meet the issue? Please try it. Because i guess that your network maybe is the reason which also can cause the issue.

2.Try to recreate your outlook profile. If can try it on another machine.

hope can help you

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

• Editado Castinlu quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 11:54
    • Marcado como Resposta Castinlu sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2012 01:52
    quinta-feira, 22 de março de 2012 11:51