none
Hyper-V Failed to Change State Error Code 32788

Pergunta

• I have a Hyper-V machine running on a server with 20GB of RAM available (according to resource monitor).  When I try to start it with more than 4GB of RAM it fails with this error.  I tried creating a new VM, using a different VHD file, all create the same error.  Before I updated Hyper-V it used to report insufficient memory.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Mike

quarta-feira, 12 de abril de 2017 14:35

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Sir,

>>I have a Hyper-V machine running on a server with 20GB of RAM available (according to resource monitor).

This is a physical server ?

What is the version of OS ?

>>Before I updated Hyper-V it used to report insufficient memory. 

Have you tried to use performance monitor with counter "hyper-v dynamic memory balancer system balancer " to check if there is free memory larger than 4GB :

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

domingo, 16 de abril de 2017 07:16
    Moderador
  • Hi Sir,

I'd like to check the current state of that issue .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

domingo, 23 de abril de 2017 09:50
    Moderador
  • This happened to me just now. 12/7/17. I restored a Win 2012 R2 VM using DPM to a physical Windows 2012 R2 HV host like I always do. This time the VM would not start and I received error 32788 when I started the VM.

I forgot to assign the VM a network adapter in HV settings after it was restored but before starting it. I needed the VM it to have an internal network adapter in my case. Changed the VM NIC to an internal switch and VM started right up.

sexta-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2017 06:47
  • This is due a problem with the virtual switch

I have just had exactly the same issue on my machine, I had to create a new virtual switch and assign all of my virtual machines to this switch. Everything works fine now

segunda-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2017 03:06
  • Exactly, I had my Virtual Switch in Configuration Error in the HyperV Settings. Changing it to a valid virtual switch solved the problem.

-Mithun

• Sugerido como Resposta VWSurfer69 sexta-feira, 4 de maio de 2018 16:22
    terça-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2018 02:06
  • I had exactly the same error with a virtual machine. The virtual switch was ok, even removing the network adapter and starting without network did not help. I solved it with stopping the VM Service on the server (VM continued to run) and starting it again - now the VM started without any error.
    quarta-feira, 28 de março de 2018 09:57
  • This worked for me. 

-Jack

quarta-feira, 11 de julho de 2018 16:22