none
Hyper-V Replica machine - sitting at "Modifying - Scheduled" state but working fine

Pergunta

• We've got a number of clients sending their VMs to our datacentre using Hyper-V Replica and it works very well.  Recently we upgraded the Cluster holding the VMs from Windows Server 2012 R2 to Windows Server 2016.  We did so using the rolling cluster upgrade process and the process worked without issues.  We now have a nice working 2016 server cluster.  We've noticed since the upgrade that initial 2 VMs and now 3 VMs have a status on the replica cluster of "Modifying - Scheduled".  These VMs continue to receive changes from the primary hosts and look to be fully in synchronization with the primary VMs in every way.  I'm concerned that it shows this status and can't find anywhere information about what it means or how it might have arrived at this status.

I'm keen to understand this and need assistance please.

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne Small

quarta-feira, 7 de março de 2018 06:12

Todas as Respostas

• Hi ,

Thanks for your posting here.

>> We've noticed since the upgrade that initial 2 VMs and now 3 VMs have a status on the replica cluster of "Modifying - Scheduled". 

In order to get a more concreted idea of this query, I would appreciate your help to upload the screenshots of the status.

Also, check the hyper-v log to see if there are something related for us to troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

quinta-feira, 8 de março de 2018 02:56
  • Hi Candy,

I've reviewed the Hyper-V logs and can't find anything that might stand out - it really looks like it's happy.  Below is the requested image.  I've masked the server names of course, but you can see things are ok.  The warning states under replication health are simply due to large incremental replications that took longer than expected.

Wayne Small

quinta-feira, 8 de março de 2018 03:37
  • Hi ,

Based on my research, I didn't found any related information about the VM Modifying - Scheduled state in Microsoft official documents.

Since these replica VMs work fine , I would suggest you ignore the unknown status.

If this issues is a state of emergency for you ,I suggest you open a case with Microsoft, more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/support-options-for-business

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

sexta-feira, 9 de março de 2018 02:44
  • We've got a number of clients sending their VMs to our datacentre using Hyper-V Replica and it works very well.  Recently we upgraded the Cluster holding the VMs from Windows Server 2012 R2 to Windows Server 2016.  We did so using the rolling cluster upgrade process and the process worked without issues.  We now have a nice working 2016 server cluster.  We've noticed since the upgrade that initial 2 VMs and now 3 VMs have a status on the replica cluster of "Modifying - Scheduled".  These VMs continue to receive changes from the primary hosts and look to be fully in synchronization with the primary VMs in every way.  I'm concerned that it shows this status and can't find anywhere information about what it means or how it might have arrived at this status.

I'm keen to understand this and need assistance please.

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne Small

Exact same situation here.  Upgraded from 2012R2 and at random times, status is "Modifying Scheduled".  We also have a brand new cluster fresh install of 2016 right off the bat and it never shows that status
    quinta-feira, 21 de junho de 2018 21:48
  • And several months on, we still have this issue with no other reference found on the Internet aside from this post. The number of machines has increased to 6 now from three different source sites.  I've not lodged a case with MS at this point due to shear lack of time to do so.  Posting this update to keep the thought alive in case others have seen it.

Wayne

Wayne Small

quinta-feira, 12 de julho de 2018 03:59