Usuário com melhor resposta
After a lot of frustrating roadblocks with no clues, we have finally managed to resolve the issue. Although the issues were due to some really embarrassing human error, I hope it might come in handy for someone out there.
This is what we did to troubleshoot the problem,
- Created an External List using the same BCS connection and Custom Content Type we were using in the User Profile Synchronization Service.
- Then, While trying to load Profile data into the External List, we received this exception,
MethodInstance with Name 'ReadList' on Entity (External Content Type) with Name 'XXXXX' in Namespace 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ' failed unexpectedly. The failure occurred in method 'ReadList' defined in class 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ.ABC' with the message 'ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified '.
- Upon googling the ORA-12154 error, we came accross the following article,
- That is when we found out that, there was a mismatch between the Connection Alias for the connection in the TNS.ORA file and the Connection Alias we were using in the Code for the Profile Import.
- After fixing this problem, when we tried to reload data into the External List, we received the following exception,
MethodInstance with Name 'ReadList' on Entity (External Content Type) with Name 'XYZ' in Namespace 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ' failed unexpectedly. The failure occurred in method 'ReadList' defined in class 'XXX.YYY.ZZZ.ABC' with the message '<Column_Name>'.
- Upon checking the ULS logs and digging into the Stack Trace, we found that, there was a mismatch between the column names used in the code and the database (This was the new database and a few columns had different names compared to the old database).
- We contacted the DB team, asked them to modify the column names.
- Re-Ran the Profile Sync Job.
- All Profiles were imported successfully.