none
Cluster Client access point and generic application resources disappeared

Întrebare

• We have a Windows 2008 R2 cluster hosting some generic application like Apache services and some opentext applications. It is node and disk majority with 2 nodes and a Witness disk.

Yesterday we were removing some disks which were a part of my Windows 2008 R2 cluster. While removing disks, it got hung while removing a disk which was mounted on another cluster disk(another resource in same application group). After five mins, the entire disks(46 disks) were moved to available storage and when I checked my application group, i found it was showing just two resources, one cluster disk and one Apache application- both in failed state. 

There was an access point with name and IP address and now missing along with another two generic applications which were a part of this application cluster. Also all Cluster disks which were a part of this application cluster is now moved to available storage. I have checked cluster registry key, and can find registry values for all those missing resources on resource hive. 

I am still able to ping the client access point with name and IP. But I cannot find anything on application cluster. I have tried cluster restarts, node restarts, but still shows same status. I have tried failover. Though it failed over between two nodes, the status is same. 

luni, 9 iulie 2018 08:28

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

Have you tried to re-add these resources? What was the result?

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

marți, 10 iulie 2018 05:46
  • Hi

How did you remove the disk? directly from the node or did you follow the sequence?

Sequence is like, 

1. Remove the disk resource from the application,
    2. Then removing the same from cluster
    3. Then from the node

If you had removed directly from the node, would you be able to add the same set of disks to the nodes again?
    After having added the disks back, check the cluster resources (if required reboot after confirming all the disks been added as earlier). 

you can also go through the regkey "cluster" under hklm and check the resources are intact in the registry

Regards
    Bala N

miercuri, 11 iulie 2018 13:25
  • Hi,

Just check the situation about your issue.

Best Regards,
    Frank

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

joi, 12 iulie 2018 02:35
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

marți, 17 iulie 2018 09:45