none
Im looking for a PC containing a Windows 95, 3.x, or XP OS

Întrebare

• But i cant seem to find one. Now, I tried installing Win95 on Virtual Box, but cant seem to get it to work. If anyone knows where i can buy a computer containing one of them (i prefer win95) please let me know, OR if you know a video telling me how to properly install Win95 on VirtualBox in Windows 10, Send me a link.

Thanks!

luni, 22 ianuarie 2018 23:04

Toate mesajele

• Try amazon.com/search...
    marți, 23 ianuarie 2018 00:03
  • But i cant seem to find one. Now, I tried installing Win95 on Virtual Box, but cant seem to get it to work. If anyone knows where i can buy a computer containing one of them (i prefer win95) please let me know, OR if you know a video telling me how to properly install Win95 on VirtualBox in Windows 10, Send me a link.

Thanks!

Did you search?  First link on Google is a video for Win95 install in VirtualBox

https://www.google.com/search?q=install+windows+95+in+virtualbox&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS780US780&oq=install+windows+95+in+v&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5348j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Windows 95 won't work on modern or even relatively modern hardware.  The only place you're likely to find an old computer (from the late '90s) with it is eBay.

marți, 23 ianuarie 2018 05:21
  • It is suggested that you can run these version on the virtual machine, you can also run xp mode in Windows 7.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

marți, 23 ianuarie 2018 06:07
  • Hi Austin,

This thread hasn't been signed off as answered yet so here's my $0.02.

I have an old cubic HP Pavillion running it's original (with updates) Win98SE operating system.

I'd need to fire it up to make sure it was working first and I would need a system to ensure change of ownership is transparent to Microsoft.   If these things work for you, I would write a ISO9660 DVD using Linux dd that you would mount using my DVD as a virtual bootable file system on your PC.  That would mean you could then possibly locate an old IDE HDD to write your filesystem to.   Once you were satisfied, I'd destroy the PC at my end (New Zealand).   I am presently using a 16-bit MSDOS622 DVD on my Win7ult64 system for some legacy apps using this system (I have mixed IDE and SATA drives).

The price is negotiable but would need to be discussed outside this group.   Please suggest a junk email account I should contact you on if you're interested.

If this doesn't work for you there's one other alternative for legacy stuff I have tried before (in desperation) and found it to be reliable 5 years ago.   I will be montoring this page through to midnight 28 February 2018 and will not be returning after that.

Kind regards,

John Smith

miercuri, 24 ianuarie 2018 23:44
  • Hi Austin,

This thread hasn't been signed off as answered yet so here's my $0.02.

I have an old cubic HP Pavillion running it's original (with updates) Win98SE operating system.

I'd need to fire it up to make sure it was working first and I would need a system to ensure change of ownership is transparent to Microsoft.   If these things work for you, I would write a ISO9660 DVD using Linux dd that you would mount using my DVD as a virtual bootable file system on your PC.  That would mean you could then possibly locate an old IDE HDD to write your filesystem to.   Once you were satisfied, I'd destroy the PC at my end (New Zealand).   I am presently using a 16-bit MSDOS622 DVD on my Win7ult64 system for some legacy apps using this system (I have mixed IDE and SATA drives).

The price is negotiable but would need to be discussed outside this group.   Please suggest a junk email account I should contact you on if you're interested.

If this doesn't work for you there's one other alternative for legacy stuff I have tried before (in desperation) and found it to be reliable 5 years ago.   I will be montoring this page through to midnight 28 February 2018 and will not be returning after that.

Kind regards,

John Smith

Just fyi, that Windows license is OEM, meaning it's only legal with the hardware it came with.  Running it in a VM or on other hardware would be in violation of the license.
    joi, 25 ianuarie 2018 06:22
  • Hi Austin and essjae,

Not my intent to violate the license.   I just wanted to help Austin out.  And HP can be finicky about whether it's hardware will play nicely with the other kids in the sandpit so point taken.

The machine is a standard HP4404 running Win98SE.   Original CDROM might be just Win98 but was upgraded to w98SE I think (don't remember).  I could freight the PC to you along with the W98SE setup CDROM it came with containing all the CAB's (hey, I'm a squirrel) for an agreed purchase price but the cost and risk for me are significant.   

I'm a noob.  If anyone in the forum has suggestions for an alternate method please advise at this forum thread or my junkmail for this occasion:

junkw95se  ta mgali tod moc   (root domain is an anagram to hopefully foil spambots)

Austin, let me know if you'd like to continue with this.   I will continue monitoring this thread through to the end of February.

Cheers.

vineri, 26 ianuarie 2018 23:02