none
Internet in Windows XP Mode

Întrebare

• Hi all,

I have a windows 7 Professional PC and installed Windows XP Mode and the Windows Virtual Machine component and the Windows XP OS seems to run okay.  However, if I go to the internet in Windows XP, it opens in the current default page which is the "MSN" page and I can select a link on that page okay but when I attempt to go to Google or even Outlook.com it states "cannot access server".  I need to access my Outlook to get the link to my Nortons Internet Security install.

I found a few links concerning the properties to check but this has not made any difference.  How do I resolve this please?

Thanks in advance

marți, 1 mai 2018 13:00

Toate mesajele

• Norton/Chrome/Google/etc use a lot of system resources,& windows default might be running along-side,creating a bottle-neck..Edit Win firewall/Internet options/& maybe defender.With all you listed,each runs maybe 2-5 other software addons,disable one or other & clean-up the software.Try task mgr,& in run type: services.msc in msc do youre editing,double click on a service,edit...l
    miercuri, 2 mai 2018 02:08
  • Hi,

Please check if you could use ping command to ping the website under XP mode.

Please try to enable Use TLS 1.0 in Tools -> Internet Options -> under Advanced tab, check Use TLS 1.0.

Please try to change the Network adapter. Here is link for your reference.

Networking and Using Windows XP Mode:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windows_vpc/2009/09/26/networking-and-using-windows-xp-mode/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Propus ca răspuns de Vera Hu joi, 3 mai 2018 09:06
    miercuri, 2 mai 2018 07:23
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

vineri, 4 mai 2018 09:13