none
Windows XP Mode provided key is invalid.

Întrebare

• When installing XP Mode for windows 7 you are provided a key to activate the vm copy of windows xp. This key is no longer valid. I contacted Microsoft support and they were not much help. They stated the key had been deactivated due to "Abuse".

Links:

(Windows XP Mode Download) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8002

After install file structure:

C:\Program Files\Windows XP Mode

Contains: Tutorial (Folder), KEY.txt (Provided Key), VXPEULA (EULA for windows xp mode) "Windows XP Mode base.vhd" (Virtual hard drive containing an install of windows xp preconfigured minus the key needed for activation)

I'm sorry if I have provided irrelevant information, its just easier to explain this way considering the Microsoft representative thought I had purchased the key at first.

vineri, 12 ianuarie 2018 10:08

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

What is the edition of Windows 7? 

You may should need to activate it if you're using an alternate VM application.

If you are using Windows Virtual PC on Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate, then this key will be needed if you manually create a differencing disk from the installed VHD instead of using the automated setup. You will need to provide the key found in the "Key.txt" file found in the same folder where you installed the XP Mode VHD.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

luni, 15 ianuarie 2018 05:20
  • Hi,

If you have any further problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

marți, 16 ianuarie 2018 03:29
  • What virtualization platform are you trying to use?  Microsoft Virtual PC or something else?
    marți, 16 ianuarie 2018 20:41