none
USB to Serial adapter not working on windows 7 in XP mode

Întrebare

• I'm trying to connect to some legacy equipment with a USB to serial adapter. The adapter is showing up under the USB menu in the virtual machine, however, when I try to select "attach" it comes up with an error that reads "Could not attach the USB device. You can attach the USB device to a different USB port or restart the virtual machine and try again.". I've tried both restarting the virtual machine and plugging into a different port, either way, it will not accept the adapter. If it helps I have two adapters, a Black Box 724-746-5500 and a TRENDnet TU-S9, configured to comports 3 and 8 respectively. I'm getting the same problem with both of them.
    • Editat de dwinstonh marți, 6 martie 2018 03:12
    marți, 6 martie 2018 03:11

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

Did the USB adapter work well with the host machine?

First of all, please check the machine has got the latest updates.

Please try to disable and re-enable the "Integration Components " to have a test.

Disabling Integrated Mode in Windows Virtual PC

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2009/06/19/disabling-integrated-mode-in-windows-virtual-pc.aspx

Does the USB adapter need USB 3.0 support?

Windows 7 XP Mode is not capable of detecting or recognizing USB 3.0 ports on the host system.  It is only capable of detecting and recognizing USB 2.0 ports.

And you could also try to go to BIOS and disable USB 3.0 to see if it can work.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Propus ca răspuns de Vera Hu joi, 8 martie 2018 09:31
    miercuri, 7 martie 2018 02:39
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

vineri, 9 martie 2018 09:47