none
Server 2016 - Failover Clustering using CSV

Întrebare

• I am new to clustering and have been working at trying to set up a Clustered SQL Server 2016 environment.  I successfully installed the Failover cluster feature and created a cluster with 2 nodes, but one of the guides I was following for the SQL Server Cluster install and it recommended changing my available storage to CSV, once I did that my cluster went insane.  The CSVs were constantly changing state and switching between nodes randomly.  There were 11 CSVs and trying to keep them all on the same node was like herding cats, the installation of SQL could not complete because the CSVs couldnt stay in the same place for the duration of the install.

My Storage is a FC SAN with Redundant connections managed via MPIO.  They are stable until they are added to CSV then they are up, down, failed, swapped between nodes.  Everything I have seen is just right click and add to CSV is there some configuration to this I am missing?

• Editat de JayKay08 luni, 11 iunie 2018 20:52
    luni, 11 iunie 2018 20:51

Toate mesajele

• Hi,
    Thank you for your question. 
    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

marți, 12 iunie 2018 09:20
  • You may also want to reach out to the SQL clustering experts in their own forum - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=sqldisasterrecovery.  They may have experience with your particular issue, and be able to provide guidance to the best way to configure your system for SQL.

tim

marți, 12 iunie 2018 12:12