none
Exit Codes and program dependency while deploying Windows XP Service Pack 3 RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Доброго времени суток!

у меня следующий вопрос:

I'm trying to distribute XP service Pack 3 , but... after installation before restart I want to run a script which make some registry changes.

I made a package with program dependency (run registry script, but before it run another program which is XPSP3.exe /quiet /norestart )

After Service Pack 3 was installed advertisement returned this message:

" The program for advertisement "HQ1200EC" ("HQ10005E" - "Unattended NO Restart") returned an exit code of "3010"(""),
    which indicates the operation was successful but a restart of the system is required for the operation to be complete.
    A status message indicating final success will be sent after the system has been restarted.
    Systems Management Server (SMS) determines status for each program it executes.
    Any program dependencies will not be executed until after the restart occurs.
    If SMS cannot find or correlate any installation status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses
    the program's exit code to determine status."

After installation of SP3 registry script did not run.

SMS returns message "Any program dependencies will not be executed until after the restart occurs",but I don't want to restart the computer.

Because if SMS restarts the computer without running this registry script it won't be able to access network.

This registry script sets Wired Zero Configuration service to start automatically(if this service is not running, computer can't access network because of Layer 2 security).

This registry record ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dot3svc]"Start"=dword:00000003) appears in registry after installation of service pack 3, so I can't change it to start automatically <"Start"=dword:00000002> before installation.

So is there any way to change exit codes of SP3 to return that program for this advertisement completed successfully  without restart? Otherwise registry script can't run.

Or some other solution without removing Layer 2 security on network ports of course :)

We are using SMS 20003. 

Thanks in advance!

Ваши зарубежные коллеги ответили:

Torsten [MVP] : You can create a "wrapper script", that kicks off XP SP3 and sets the return code to 0 if it was 3010.

Так вот помогите пожалуйста с этим скриптом. Так как на мой вопрос о том как выглядит этот скрипт ваши коллеги не ответили.

Вся надежда на вас.

Спасибо за внимание!

• Изменено Dr.Cosmo 26 апреля 2010 г. 11:50
    25 апреля 2010 г. 7:56

Ответы

• Вот вам и решение на всякий случай:

@echo off
    %~dp0WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe /quiet /norestart
    if ERRORLEVEL 3010 exit /B 0
    exit /B %ERRORLEVEL%

Конечно же не без помощи ваших зарубежных коллег. Особенное спасибо Torsten [MVP] !!!

Ну и сама ссылка: "http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/configmgrswdist/thread/2db547ae-a676-4cad-aff7-7bc797cf70cf?prof=required"

• Помечено в качестве ответа Dr.Cosmo 26 апреля 2010 г. 11:43
    26 апреля 2010 г. 11:43