How to show files in hidden InetCache folder? RRS feed

• Вопрос

• How do I see all files in hidden Inetcache folder? I have 'hidden items' checked but it won't work. I believe Inetcache folder is at C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows

Thank you

Thang Mo

28 октября 2015 г. 19:19

Ответы

• Hi,

Might be you didn’t uncheck the option “hide xxx file” under Windows folder options.

And I can see all files under IEcache folder

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Помечено в качестве ответа ThangMo 29 октября 2015 г. 14:50
    29 октября 2015 г. 7:19

Все ответы

• Well I have a C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache folder, nothing much in there that interests me.

Can you explain what the problem is or why you are looking for the files in this folder?

28 октября 2015 г. 23:20
  • You have to know the path after INetCache folders to see the folders and files inside them. In my case the path is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\RCB1O1MS. The IE folder under INetCache is not showing up at all.

I relocated the Temporary Internet Files folder to another location named IETemp. This folder is showing nothing in there but the size of it keeps increasing after a certain time on internet!

Try it yourself and see if you can see IE folder and anything in it. Check the size of the folder after online watching video, listen music, you will see the size increases.

It puzzles me about the IE folder, I don't have any problem with it, thanks.

Thang Mo

29 октября 2015 г. 1:36
  • Hi,

Might be you didn’t uncheck the option “hide xxx file” under Windows folder options.

And I can see all files under IEcache folder

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Помечено в качестве ответа ThangMo 29 октября 2015 г. 14:50
    29 октября 2015 г. 7:19
  • Good point D. Wu. I thought I only need to check 'Hidden items' in View. I did not realize the drop-down Option and to uncheck hidden files like in Windows 7, thanks. I got it now.

Thang Mo

29 октября 2015 г. 14:50