none
snom 821 и polycom vvx1500 RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Добрый день

Может кто нибудь сталкивался с подобной проблемой 

развернут Lync 2010 enterprise к нему подключены Ip телефоны моделей  Snom 821 ,  Polycom Сx600 и Polycom  VVX 1500 

При звонке с аппарата Snom821 на PolycomVVX1500 идет односторонняя слышимость т.е. Snom821 -> PolycomVVX1500 слышимость есть, в обратном направлении PolycomVVX1500 -> Snom821 слышимости нет. При отключении RTP Encryption в настройках аппаратов Snom821 и  PolycomVVX1500 проблема исчезает, но только до первой перезагрузки аппарата Snom821 или пропадания сети проблема появляется вновь (аппарат Snom821 автоматически включает RTP Encryption, причем это происходит только при залогиненом пользователе, при не залогиненом пользователе или отсутствии пользователя в случае перезагрузки аппарата или пропадания сети данная функция (RTP Encryption) не включается). Данная проблема присутствует на аппарате Snom821 тестировавшемся с разными прошивками: snom821-OCS-8.6.6.4-SIP-r.bin, snom821-OCS-8.6.7.OCS.last-SIP-r.bin, snom821-UC-8.7.2.13-SIP-r.bin)

При звонках на клиентов Lync и Polycom CX600 проблем со слышимостью нет 

Спасибо

30 марта 2012 г. 11:19

Ответы

• Судя по вашему описанию, это именно проблема прошивок Snom'а и вам нужно обратиться с этой проблемой к ним - здесь вам с этим, вряд ли, помогут.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Yuriy Lenchenkov 5 апреля 2012 г. 12:33
    30 марта 2012 г. 13:08
    Модератор

Все ответы

• Судя по вашему описанию, это именно проблема прошивок Snom'а и вам нужно обратиться с этой проблемой к ним - здесь вам с этим, вряд ли, помогут.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Yuriy Lenchenkov 5 апреля 2012 г. 12:33
    30 марта 2012 г. 13:08
    Модератор
  • Hi,

what you are experiencing is a known interop issue in the Polycom UC firmware that run's on the PolycomVVX1500 (which is btw. not a qualified device for Lync, while the snom 821 is - please check technet IP Desk Phone for Lync homepage: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg278172 ).

As far as we know Polycom already improved the UC firmware at certain customer sites via "hot fixes", without publishing a new build beyond what is currently public available. I recommend you to go for Polycom and request the improved version.

@Stanky and Yuriy: hope you don't mind that I have to tell you:

1. your answer is wrong / incorrect , as this is not a snom specific issue, it is a Polycom specific one (and you can expect more with Lync as long it is not qualfied by Microsoft!)

2. please inform yourself better in the future about qualified & optimized devices for Lync and the one's like PolycomVVX1500 with the interop status "undefined"!

Thanks and greetings from Berlin,

Jan

Jan Boguslawski | Technical Product Manager - snom OCS / UC Edition | MCITP: EA, MCITP & MCTS: LYNC, MCTS: EXCHANGE | snom technology AG, Berlin | www.snom.com | http://ocsphoneguy.blogspot.com

12 апреля 2012 г. 11:45
  • Maybe you not exatly correct understood the topic starter problem. He told that Snom devices automaticly turns on RTP Encription after restart even he turned off it before. So, the problem is in Snom firmare.
    12 апреля 2012 г. 11:51
    Модератор
  • The cause for turning on RTP Encryption in the snom devices after a Re-Register or a Restart (incl. a Register) to Lync server is simple and reasonable:

snom qualified for Lync devices have to respect the RTP Encryption setttings governed by Lync server (via inband provisioning). Here is an excerpt taken from a snooper.exe trace showing the setting send by Lync server we have to respect, (Lync server default value is: RequireEncryption :

<ucMinFileTransferPort>5350</ucMinFileTransferPort>
    <ucMaxFileTransferPort>5389</ucMaxFileTransferPort>
    <ucPC2PCAVEncryption>RequireEncryption</ucPC2PCAVEncryption>
    <ucMaxVideoRateAllowed>VGA-600K</ucMaxVideoRateAllowed>

Other possible values are: SupportEncryption (SRTP & RTP are supported) or DoNotSupportEncryption (RTP only)

The values can be managed by the Lync server admin via CS-Powershell with the commando:

set-CsMediaConfiguration -EncryptionLevel [valid values: requireencryption , supportencryption, donotsupportencryption]

more details available via:

get-help set-CsMediaConfiguration

Running such commando will change the inband provisioning information send out by Lync server. As inband provisioning is processed during re-register or after a reboot & register the change will be respected at the endpoints ( Lync client, Lync Phone Edition and snom qualified for Lync devices) at time of such events (in case of NTLM registered devices like Lync Phone Edition or snom at the max of 8h's as the NTLM refreshes after 8h's).

____

So in short: turning back to RTP Encryption in snom qualified for Lync devices is not a problem, as it is controlled by Lync server "policy". In fact it is a prove that our snom UC edition firmware is developed with the respect of Microsoft's specifications, plus security, scaling and stability requirements.

Btw: I fully understand that from the user / phone admin perspective it seems like the phone is not doing what it was configured to do on the first look. But if you know the background explained before, I guess you can understand why the phone is doing that by respecting a server side centrally managed policy.

Thanks and greetings from Berlin,

Jan

Jan Boguslawski | Technical Product Manager - snom OCS / UC Edition | MCITP: EA, MCITP & MCTS: LYNC, MCTS: EXCHANGE | snom technology AG, Berlin | www.snom.com | http://ocsphoneguy.blogspot.com

12 апреля 2012 г. 12:49
  • Как я понимаю, вы прекрасно говорите на Русском, так что отвечу на нём :) .

Если б в политике было включено "RequireEncryption", то другие клиенты (Lync и Lync Phone Edition) тоже не могли бы звонить на Polycom. Отсюда я делаю вывод, что человек выполнил "Set-CsMediaConfiguration -EncryptionLevel SupportEncryption". Но так как данной информации не было озвучено явно, нужно чтоб вопрошающий её прояснил...

12 апреля 2012 г. 12:56
    Модератор
  • Unfortunately not, I just used the G.-Translator which seems to understand Russian quite well. I understand that my family name or my responses gave you the impression that I understand Russian. Already had similar experience with conversations to contacts from Poland or Czech Republic.

I agree with you, that most likely the CsMediaConfiguration configuration change to SupportEncryption was already performed to "downgrade" the Lync server default RTP security policy for the Polycom UC firmware.

Afaik this step should not be necessary anymore with the latest hot fix version from Polycom (not public available yet, but most likely in the next public release), which also will address the SRTP interoperability with snom qualified devices. With other words and to my best knowledge: the solution will come from Polycom (not with new snom firmware and not with new Lync server, client or Lync Phone Edition CU's from Microsoft).

Best regards,

Jan

12 апреля 2012 г. 13:15
  • I'm decided that you have Russian roots exactly by the reason of your family name and your response too :) . Alright, I'll write in English... But first of all, I'm want to note that my English is much more terrible than Google Translate :) .

It's seems like workaround, but not a solution. For example - to call Windows Live Messenger (MSN) users we have to "downgrade" encryption level to "SupportEncryption". So, if Snom devices will not use this value via inband provisioning then call to MSN will fail too...

Can you garantee that Snom devices really "download" policies from the Lync pool?

12 апреля 2012 г. 15:51
    Модератор
  • Thanks for your suggestion regarding the Windows Live Messenger (MSN).

I never tried our Lync qualified snom UC edition in federated calls with it. But by following your advice and this technet article about Encryption for Lync Server 2010 (esp. the Note about set-CsMediaConfiguration ...) I just gave it a try.

I can confirm that I was able to perform a federation call from a snom phone (UC edition equipped + Lync registered) to Windows Live Messenger and vice versa after I changed the Lync CsMediaConfiguration -EncryptionLevel to supportencryption, like described in the technet article. (just to make sure RTP traversed the edge server and is not performed internally & direct, I connected the laptop running Live Messenger to UMTS/3G mobile network.)

Hope you dont mind, that I cannot "garantee" you anything here, but I can confirm that our snom UC edition phones support endpoint configuration policy settings that are received as XML SIP message bodies from Lync server. The ucPC2PCAVEncryption setting in such XML message bodies (reflecting what is configured via (Set-CsMediaConfiguration -EncryptionLevel) is just one of many parsed and respected by our phones.

Other setting examples in XML SIP message bodies from Lync server we make use of are:

bypassEnabled, bypassId, lisInternalUrl, absInternalServerUrl, dlxInternalUrl, ucEnforcePinLock, ucMinPinLength, ucUserLocationProfile and more...

If you had the chance to review Lync inband provisioning you can imagine that there are many settings that are not targeted to devices like phone and therefore will be simply ignored, like:

EnableAppDesktopSharing, RetainPPTForExternalMeeting, AllowFileTransfer and more...

With other word's: snom devices support the "supportencryption" value (and equireencryption & donotsupportencryption) for the property ucPC2PCAVEncryption via inband provisioning natively like Lync PC client or Lync Phone Edition and without the need of additional workarounds.

Best regards,
    Jan

23 апреля 2012 г. 13:59
  • Jan, it's great feedback :) ! Thank you for it.
    23 апреля 2012 г. 14:07
    Модератор