none
Сетевой принтер, зарегистрированый в AD RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Является ли сетевой принтер, зарегистрированный в AD устройством, которое использует ресурсы сервера или он является частью сервер?

Вопрос связан со следующий проблемой. Использует ли такой принтер лицензию CAL при условии купленных Device CAL

14 февраля 2017 г. 6:35

Ответы

• Ответ, да.

1 – Does my Multifunction Printer need a CAL? 

Yes, if the multifunction printer is connected to a Windows Server network.  A multifunction printer accesses server software to; receive an IP address, to receive a job, to communicate that the job is finished, etc.  In short, it communicates with the server software.  If the multifunction printer is accessing any server software licensed via the Server / CAL licensing model it requires a CAL for that software. The one caveat is, if your users who use the printer have CALs then the printer is covered by their use via their CALs. If not then the printer itself requires a device CAL. The same CAL requirement applies to any other type of networked device – such as networked scanners, networked fax machines, etc.  Devices that do not connect to the network or the server software (generally referred to as peripherals) do not require CALs.

Q1 – If I have a printer that uses an IP address assigned by a router, but the drivers are deployed via a GPO…does that need a CAL?

A1 – Yes, any Windows Server access requires a Windows Server CAL.  In this scenario, the printers are connecting to, and receiving benefit of, Windows Server.  However, if all users who access or use that printer already have a user CAL – then you’re covered and will not need additional device CALs for the printer.

Более подробно здесь

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/volume-licensing/2014/03/10/licensing-how-to-when-do-i-need-a-client-access-license-cal/

14 февраля 2017 г. 6:45