none
Cannot run NAV service - Incorrect function RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Hello, All,

I am trying to run Navision on my PC.
    I did everything needed according to installation manual to install it.
    But service is not run.
    When i try to run it i am reaching the error - Error 1: Incorrect function.

My event logs are telling nothing about it.
    The only info that i have founs is:
        Some DLL is not registered (maybe) - i tried to register manually xp_ndo.dll but "This file can not be registered" message appeared.
        Also i have found some small comment that service has to be run with parameters - server and db name. But i can find the way to provide the parameters. Also i do not know how to do it properly.

Maybe somebody had something related to it.

Any info or example will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance, Rodion.
    26 октября 2009 г. 7:30

Все ответы

• There are three "servers" used in NAV context:
    * Dynamics NAV Database Server
    * Microsoft SQL server
    * Dynamics NAV Application Server

First of all if you just want to look at demo version you haven't install any servers. It will be enough if you install classic client.
    If you want to install Dynamics NAV Database Server you should use manual "Installation & System Management: C/SIDE Database Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV" (w1w1ism.pdf)

xp_ndo.dll - is component required when you decide to use SQL Server, so you shouldn't register it. It uses in another way (look at w1w1isql.pdf for more information)

And what about your error. As far as I can remember it appears when you try to use Dynamics NAV Application Server. This server used just for integration NAV with SharePoint, ADCS etc. And this server isn't necessary for demo. Manual for this server is w1w1atas.pdf. Application Server requires NAV Database Server or SQL Server.

29 октября 2009 г. 7:58
    Отвечающий