Hyper-v 2012 Failback RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Hi

I have built a Hyper-V Replica LAB with 2 Windows 2012 Hyper-V Hosts in a Workgroup environment and referred the below article to build it.

http://jsmcomputers.biz/wp/?p=360

My Servers are

HV01.domain.local- Primary Server

HV02.domain.local - Replica Server

I have successfully tested and performed a "Planned Failover and Failback"  But When I am trying to perform an Unplanned Failover ,I am unable to failback to the Source.

I used the Powershell command "Complete-VMFailover" on the Replica VM . Thereafter I got lost of correct guide or steps in order to do the below

- Replicate the changes in the Replica VM back to the Primary VM (which is online now)

- And resume normal replication process from Primary --> Replica

Can anybody provide the exact steps to be followed during the Unplanned Failover and Failback

Regards

Muralee

15 апреля 2013 г. 10:50

Ответы

• An unplanned fail-over means that the original primary host or VM has been lost. You can't replicate the changes back to the original VM (a planned fail-over can keep track of this). You need to create a new replica, meaning letting replication create the VM alll over on the original host. Then initiate a planned fail-over to switch back primary VM to the original server.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Muraleee 17 апреля 2013 г. 9:25
    16 апреля 2013 г. 11:50

Все ответы

• Hi!

When you initiate an unplanned fail-over, the replica VM becomes a primary VM and replication is broken. To replicate changes back to the original server, a new replication must be created and configured.

• Предложено в качестве ответа Ted Archer [MSFT] 15 апреля 2013 г. 15:13
    15 апреля 2013 г. 13:39
  • Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

But would be helpful if you could provide me the steps .

As I need to do the following.

-Replicate the changes back to the Primary  Server

-Bring the Primary as the Source of the Replica

Regards

Muralee

16 апреля 2013 г. 5:47
  • An unplanned fail-over means that the original primary host or VM has been lost. You can't replicate the changes back to the original VM (a planned fail-over can keep track of this). You need to create a new replica, meaning letting replication create the VM alll over on the original host. Then initiate a planned fail-over to switch back primary VM to the original server.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа Muraleee 17 апреля 2013 г. 9:25
    16 апреля 2013 г. 11:50
  • Hi Mike

Noted , Thanks a lot

Tried it worked.Mark As AnswerMark As Answer

17 апреля 2013 г. 9:25