How to deploy SecureStore, BDC Model and external list? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have created Secure Store with mapped credentials, and BDC models through ShairPoint designer 2010, and some external lists. They're running without any problems. Now I need to deploy these to production server by PowerShell scripts. Can anyone tell me the general way to do this with step by step guide? I know it's a big topic, so any link or article will be helpful. Really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

allan

• Moved by Rich Prescott Friday, March 9, 2012 11:38 PM Sharepoint config (From:The Official Scripting Guys Forum!)
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:57 PM

Answers

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, March 16, 2012 9:17 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:59 PM
  • Hi there,

I have created Secure Store with mapped credentials, and BDC models through ShairPoint designer 2010, and some external lists. They're running without any problems. Now I need to deploy these to production server by PowerShell scripts. Can anyone tell me the general way to do this with step by step guide? I know it's a big topic, so any link or article will be helpful. Really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

allan

You should really post this on teh SharePOint 2010 site as it is very specific to SharePoint.  They will tell you how best to use teh SharePoint CmdLets to deploy packages, controls, providers and apps to a SharePoint site or farm.

YOu can also look in the repository here for hreaPoint scrits that deploy items and use them as a template.  I beleive there are a few that will be useful.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:20 PM

All replies

Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:59 PM
  • Hi there,

allan

You should really post this on teh SharePOint 2010 site as it is very specific to SharePoint.  They will tell you how best to use teh SharePoint CmdLets to deploy packages, controls, providers and apps to a SharePoint site or farm.

YOu can also look in the repository here for hreaPoint scrits that deploy items and use them as a template.  I beleive there are a few that will be useful.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:20 PM