none
Auto Sync in Source control not working due to errors in Process-SourceControlWebhook RRS feed

  • Question

  • I hope someone can help me with this issue. I've set up a devops repo where my account is a project administrator. I've set up the source controll sync between my automation account in Azure and my DevOps repo. When I do a manual sync the runbooks are synced to my automation account without a problem. But when I push to the repo I see the Process-SourceControlWebhook job being made and run and it shows completed, but with the following output (I've replaced the project and company name):
    Getting Azure Connection information
    
    Getting the source control information
    
    SourceControl Properties : [RepoUrl = https://NAME.visualstudio.com/NAME/_git/Azure-Automation] ,[Branch = Azure-PROD] , [FolderPath = /RunBooks]
    
    UrlConnectionInformation: [AccountName = NAME.visualstudio.com] [RepoName = Azure-Automation] [ProjectName = NAME]
    
    No need to start syncjob for following reason : 
    So it suggest there is nothing to sync, but when I do a manual sync it will sync stuff. When I look at the error stream for this job it shows the following errors:
    The property 'refUpdates' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists. At line:911 char:5 + $actualBranch = $WebhookDataObject.resource.refUpdates.name + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], PropertyNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFoundStrict
    Compare-Branch : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'ActualBranch'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the command again. At line:912 char:62 + ... (Compare-Branch -ExpectedBranch $Branch -ActualBranch $actualBranch) + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:) [Compare-Branch], ParameterBindingValidationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Compare-Branch
    I've updated the azurerm modules to the latest version alraedy. We are having this problem is different tenants with different repo's. But some repo's we set up earlier to sync do seem to work so it looks like something changed which blocks this from working. Does anyone has an idea where to look or how to fix this?

    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:51 AM

Answers

All replies

  • This needs to be moved to the Azure forum.

    You can also contact Support through the portal if only some tenants are having issues.  Issues like this are often caused by a tenant not having certain updates.


    \_(ツ)_/

    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:52 PM
  • I couldn't find a subforum about automation in the azure area that's why I put it here.
    After some more looking it seems like there is a known problem at microsoft and it will be fixed next week:
    https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/39347
    • Marked as answer by Leo_Visser Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:50 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:49 AM