none
Convert slmgr.vbs /ipk < Windows Activity Key > into a PowerShell script that executes as a Policy RRS feed

• Question

• New to scripting and would appreciate any assistance converting the following CMD: slmgr.vbs /ipk < Windows Activity Key > into a PowerShell script that runs without interrupting the user once it's executed as a policy. Will be pushing the script using Absolute. 
    Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:30 PM

All replies

• Please carefully review the following links to set your expectation for posting in technical forums.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:35 PM
  • 1 open powershell_ise

2 create new file

3 copy/paste slmgr command

4 save file

what else you need in this task? why you just not use kms server for that?

The opinion expressed by me is not an official position of Microsoft

Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:36 PM
  • I just need the task to update the Product Key. Pushing the script through Absolute as a policy - so once each device checks in then the script should run silently without interrupting or prompting the user to take action. That is the goal. 
    Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:24 PM
  • I just need the task to update the Product Key. Pushing the script through Absolute as a policy - so once each device checks in then the script should run silently without interrupting or prompting the user to take action. That is the goal. 

great

you have 2 comments to start. If you will face with any problems let us know

Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:11 PM

great

you have 2 comments to start. If you will face with any problems let us know

This forum does not write or design custom solutions on request.  P{lease read teh link I posted abiove.

PowerShell has commands to activate Windows.  Please search for articles on how to do this.\

You cannot activate Windows via Group Policy.  YOu can activates Windows if you have the co4rrectly installed license management server which is the normal method.  Contact Microsoft to have them convert your retail keys to corporate licenses and use that.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, July 31, 2020 12:00 AM
  • See the following for instructions on how to activate Windows with a new key.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerShell/comments/70t6li/ps_script_to_activate_windows_10/

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, July 31, 2020 12:03 AM