none
what is the difference between Set-DPMDatasourceDefaultDiskAllocation and Set-DPMDatasourceDiskAllocation RRS feed

• Question

• hey guyz, i was wondering what is the difference between above two command-lets???

currently we are using  Set-DPMDatasourceDiskAllocation and setting the default values i.e. 

Parameter Set: Default
    Set-DPMDatasourceDiskAllocation [-Datasource] <Datasource> [-ProtectionGroup] <ProtectionGroup> [-PassThru] [-Confirm] [-WhatIf] [ <CommonParameters>]

so can we use Set-DPMDatasourceDefaultDiskAllocation instead of that.. if not what is the difference between them???

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:51 AM

All replies

• and also can any one give me a working script where we create or modify a protection group and which consist of SET-DPMDataSourceDiskAllocation step, coz im getting an error while using it...(Operation failed since the protected data source size had not been calculated for) but i had already run the step get-DatasourceDisdkAllocation.... 

can any one please help me in this regard

Monday, December 3, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Same issue i am facing when trying to delete a resource completely and add it back. Where as it is working fine when i move an inactive resource to active PG
    Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:42 PM